Where Have I Been?

Since I've been wrapped up in trying to get my other jobs rolling I've kind of neglected this site. For one I'm currently responsible for fundraising and seeking grants for a local Nonprofit called Kid Kare Project.

The Kid Kare Project is a nonprofit that seeks to help children in poverty by buying clothing, shoes, and other items to assist their everyday living. It's a great organization and has been around for awhile, but unfortunately it's kind of hit the ceiling in growth until it can increase it's funding.

To go along with that, the building which houses Kid Kare is in need of a lot of work. To begin, the roof needs redone and estimates have been given in the range of $90,000-$100,000. On top of the roof, the center currently has no air conditioning which practically renders it useless in the summer.

On top of working with Kid Kare I'll also be running the Community Recreation Center here in town.

All in all both organizations need a lot of help, and I'm going to start doing that. However neither one of them can pay me up-front at this time. So I'll be running this site as well as doing that plus coaching and whatever else may hit me upside the head.

While everything I do is fun and exciting, none of it really pays me. So I'll need your support and your passion for the site to keep me going. I need your input on what you love and don't love. I'd love to have guest contributors that give me game reviews, previews, or opinions.

I may own and run the site, but this is as much your site as it is mine. I'd also appreciate if you have a couple of dollars to spare that you donate if you can. I don't ask for much, but the more you invest in the site the bigger it will get. I love you guys for coming back, and I hope that I can continue to provide you with a quality product.

Thanks,

Colby Martin
Backlogged Entertainment Founder

Comments

Popular Posts