Wii U FIFA Demo Impressions

I love FIFA games. In fact, it's probably one of my most played titles in the past two years. So when I saw FIFA 13 on the Wii U Shop I decided to give it a go.

Coming out of the gates the Wii U version looks identical to the Xbox version except for two things. 1) HDR lighting isn't as strong 2) Frame rate seems much lower than the 360 version as players legs look to stutter.

In fact that's the only noticeable difference. Sure the game play is a little different and it does seem a bit more difficult on the Wii U. Finesse shots are harder to pull off, and that seems to be merely the fault of the gamepad.

The Gamepad, however, is the shining star of the Wii U version. With the ability to sub players, adjust formations, change tactics, view the field from overhead, or simply play the game through it, the Wii U Gamepad is the absolute best thing to happen in FIFA. I love absolutely everything it does, except the part where it easily distracts me from watching the game on my television. Actually, it causes such distraction that I often found myself stuck in a limbo between the two screens.

Outside out that issue, I found the Wii U version of FIFA 13 to be spot on. Nothing has changed since the original release this year. If you already own FIFA 13 on a console I'd wait until next year. But if you're a FIFA addict, then the Wii U version is one of the few must own titles on the young system.


Comments

Popular Posts