Game of the Year Winners!

So since we opened up the polls for community voting we hoped to get some votes. However, we got one...1...again one vote. That vote was for the perennial All-Star in sports gaming, NBA 2k13. So, congrats to the guys at 2k Sports for winning our Community Choice Award!

Below is our quick list of Best of 2012:

Best Sports Game

NBA 2K13

Bringing back the best of the best when it comes to hoops is 2k's newest NBA edition. With upgrades to the MyPlayer experience and a new addition of MyTeam, it's almost enough to remove the stale taste of MyCrew's removal after it's only showing in 2k11.

NBA 2K13 builds on a solid foundation adding a new control stick similar to that of EA's Live series, as well as add's new animations. These new additions take the game play to a new level and allow the best controls I've used in a game in a long time.

Runner's Up:

MLB The Show 12
Madden 13

Best Racing Game

Forza Horizon

This is hard for me to say, but Forza Horizon was my most enjoyable experience of 2012. I loved everything about it. From the open world to the endless choices when it comes to cars. The addition of options in driving physics from sim to arcade helped too.

Forza Horizon might have been a bit short, but it was easily the most addictive racing game I've ever played. If they could take this style and apply it to simulators like Gran Turismo, then I may never put the game down.

Runner's Up:

F1 2012
Need For Speed Most Wanted

Best Shooter

Halo 4

Remember the feeling you got the first time you played Halo? Well it's back. For the first time since the original Xbox I finally enjoy the multiplayer on Halo. It's addictive, it's satisfying and it's everything a shooter deserves for online.

Actually, do you want to know how good it is? It's so good that I'm giving it the Best Shooter award without even playing the story. It's everything you want in an online multiplayer, and it's a game definitely worth buying.

Runner's Up:
COD Black Ops 2
Borderlands 2

Best RPG

Dishonored

This is a tough mix for me, but my favorite experience of 2012 came from a new IP. It wasn't the best game of the year, but it was one of the more enjoyable experiences of the year. With your ability to play the way you wanted, be it stealthy or guns blazin' you could do it.

Unfortunately the story desired a lot, but the gameplay allowed us the opportunity to see that there are plenty of opportunities for the game world to mix up the norm.

Runner Up:

Mass Effect 3


Best Wii U Title 

Scribblenauts

I've always loved the concept behind Scribblenauts, so much so that I couldn't wait to play this on myWii U. And, in fact, it's everything I expected it to be. The ability to do what I want, when I want, even if it doesn't make sense. I wanted to get a cat out of a tree, I used a flamethrower and burned the tree down. This game is perfect for creativity, and one you and every child should play. 

Comments

Popular Posts