The Wii U Opinion


                          

The 32gb Black Wii U, how pretty does it look, but oh the dust it will gather.

I love the Wii U's system, I think it's sleek and feels great. The gamepad fits beautifully in my hands, the system is lightweight and portable, and overall I love the idea behind the technology. But why in the world did Nintendo take it's two biggest sellers in the market and blend them?

That's right, it feels like the Wii U is exactly that. It's a blend between the motion controlled Wii and the highly portable Nintendo DS. The thing is, it's high def and works together. While it's mostly pretty lame it's still pretty nifty. The ability to play whole games while your girlfriend or roommate watches the TV is cool, but it defeats the purpose of owning a console.

Consoles weren't made to be portable, but if they are trying to blend the line between handheld and console, it's genius. The things I love about the gamepad is the freedom to use it while others watch TV. What I hate about the gamepad is how you must sit straight on to use a lot of the functions well. Sure, you can use the functions, but if you're off to the side everything is slightly off.

While I've only been able to play Nintendoland, I am looking forward to getting my hands on Mario and other titles. The Wii U looks great and the graphics are very crisp. I'm excited to what Nintendo has in store for us. I also look forward to the updates to the Nintendo Store as I already enjoy the layout of it over other systems.

While I could go ahead and buy games through the store, I'd rather have them disc based. It's amazing to see that these titles don't seem to take significant amounts of memory to install compared to other consoles.

For more info on the Wii U and our future hands-on, stay tuned to Backlogged Gaming and Entertainment. 

Comments

Popular Posts